When Samsonite contacted me a few weeks ago with the question if I would like to test their [email protected] suitcase I had to think about it, because I`m used to traveling with my familiar suitcase. You know, the whole “I know what I have and I like it”. But this suitcase offers something different than your normal suitcases (more on that later!) and I was about to go on a trip Down Under so I thought it was a good time as ever to test something new.
Stayed tuned for a chance to try one of these yourself!
So what makes the [email protected] different than other suitcases? You know when you`re not traveling and your suitcase takes up so much space in your closet or you bump into it all the time because you can`t find a place to store it properly. Insert: [email protected] You can fold the suitcase and reduce it up to ¼ of its original size, making it easy to store it.
Let`s first start with the things I liked about it:
- It`s light. It weighs about 3 kg, where my other suitcase weighs 6 kg. Instantly won 3 kg extra baggage!
- Because of the material, a lightweight fabric, it`s flexible and makes it expandable when putting stuff in
- Even though they have collapsible wheels, they roll really well
- There`s a name/address tag fitted in on the side
- I don`t know if it`s the size or the color, but the suitcase looks fashionable
- Easy to store away because it`s foldable and it has a plastic bag so it won`t get dusty
What would I have liked to see different
- You can`t close the front compartments. Which makes me worried people will take stuff out.
- Because you can`t close the front compartments, the zipper was a bit undone when it arrived, probably due to the friction while handling.
As far as the durability goes, I only used it once yet, but they provide a 5 year warranty so that assures me that they trust it to last me at least a few years.
Now, would you like to test one of these yourselves?
Samsonite has given me the opportunity to give away one black cabin luggage [email protected]. That`s one size smaller than what I had, but you can use it as hand luggage. Sizes: 55 cm/20 inch and valued at £135.
Update: This giveaway is over and the winner has been notified. Thanks for participating!
Unfortunately this giveaway is only open to UK residents. The giveaway will end Wednesday, 18 December 2013. This giveaway is in collaboration with Samsonite. Thanks to Samsonite for letting me test one of these and for providing the cabin luggage as a prize. As always opinions are my own.