Where does my love for the beach come from?
Well, you all know by now that I`m a beach lover, I even invented a day for it on Twitter: #BeachThursday.
Being at the beach for a relaxing vacation, gave me some time to think about why I like the beach so much… and I had a whole list of reasons 😉
I like the beach because of…
- waking up by the sound of the waves crushing into the shore
- going for an early beach walk in the morning when the beach is still quiet
- jumping over the waves
- flying a kite
- collecting shells
- taking a snooze at the beach
- listening to your favorite tunes
- reading a good book
- building a sand castle
- spotting sea gulls flying freely above you
- being in total awe when you see dolphins swimming by
- walking in flip flops & summer dresses
- sitting on the boardwalk
- watching the sunrise & sunset
- taking romantic evening strolls along the beach
And finally… feeling the sand between my toes!
I know some of the above seem a little bit childish, like building a sand castle, but isn`t that the best thing in life. Feeling like a little kid once and a while, not a worry in the world & just enjoying the small things.
What do you like most about the beach?
I first fell in love when I was six. It happened when my family moved to a house less than half a block from a beach. From that day forward I’ve been drawn …
It’s where I can truly relax
To me, the beach is the most peaceful place I know. The warmth of the sun, the soothing sound of the waves , the soft sand underfoot, the therapeutic …
… because the ocean is magic
– Love floating in the water with my eyes closed… so relaxing
– the sparkling in the water from the reflection of the sun and the patterns it paints …
Because it`s impossible not to be happy on the beach!
Everyone is happy on the beach and everything is so much more fun. Reading a book in a park is nice but its so much better on a beach!
I love the wonderment of it all!
I love the sounds, smells and wildlife that comes with the beach. I used to scuba dive, so I try and figure out what it looks like underneath the water….