Questions/steps that will help you with planning your next vacation.
What kind of vacation do you want?
- a relaxing vacation (ex. in the mountains, by the sea, …)
- ‘I-want-to-see-things’ vacation (ex. culture, history, nature, …)
- a bit of both
What kind of weather would you like?
- somewhere where the weather is always nice, so I can go all year long
- somewhere where there are seasons, so you can pick a season that’s more beautiful than another
- it doesn’t really matter to me
When do you want to go?
- Peak season, that’s the time I can take vacation with my kids or get time off from work.
- Low season, because the prices are better than!
- Fall: I want to see the coloring of the leaves at my destination.
- Winter: I want to see the winter scenery and Christmas decoration.
- Spring: I want to see the blossoms.
- Summer: I want good weather all the time.
How far do you want to go?
- I just want something close, I don’t like long drives or flights.
- I’m prepared to travel some time to see what I really want.
How long do you want to go?
- I can only take off a couple of days or a week from work.
- I only want to go for a weekend.
- I saved all my vacation time for this trip.
How much money are you prepared to pay for your trip?
- It’s my annual vacation, it can cost a bit more.
- It’s just something in between, I’m on a tide budget.
- I only go once in a few years and want it to be further away, so there fore I know it costs more.
- It’s a special occasion, I’m willing to spend!
Okay after these questions we have: the timeframe (when – how long) – which region – the budget.
Next, the choices you have:
- you go to a travel agent and let them suggest something
- you go to a travel agent and tell them exactly what you want
- you book it yourself through the internet
Do this with your list in mind!
Try to follow the steps for planning your next destination as described. Have a look at this example. If you still have trouble deciding where to go, you can also contact me, and I’ll do my best to help you.
Leave a Reply