What`s a Twitterview, you might ask? It`s an interview the Twitter way… Short & Informative! I had my first Twitterview yesterday. I got interviewed by @traveldudes on Twitter. It was really fun to do and I hope you guys enjoyed it. For those of you who missed it, here`s the whole interview.
To make it easier to know who`s saying what, I put @traveldudes tweets in bold. Mine (@IsabellesTravel) are just regular.
~ Who`s @traveldudes? His name: Melvin Boecher and he has this amazing travel resource: For Travelers, By Travelers called www.traveldudes.org ~
If you want to follow an Twitterview live on Twitter, just follow the 2 persons doing the interview or follow/search for “#Q&A” (Question & Answer). That`s how we marked our tweets.
Traveldudes: Hi Isabelle, thanks for being my interview partner.
Let’s begin! You are a passionate traveler. Where have you been on your last trip?
- IsabellesTravel: To NY, combined with a Caribbean Cruise.
Traveldudes: How nice… how did you combine these two?
- IsabellesTravel: Well, the cruise departed from NY sailing to the Caribbean. I had a post-cruise stay in NY to…
- catch the Xmas feeling 🙂 Loved it!
Traveldudes: That sounds great! Anything you liked most in NYC?
- IsabellesTravel: That`s a tough 1.There`s so much 2 love about NY. I would say the ambiance/atmosphere there is…
- So many things 2 see & do and the diversity of the people living there.
Traveldudes: Do you have an insider tip as a sight or a “must visit” sight?
- IsabellesTravel: …hm… If you`re a sweet tooth like me you should try Serendipity3.
Traveldudes: What is Serendipity3? Do you have a link for that?
- IsabellesTravel: Yes, here it is:
- You can find lots of info here 🙂
Traveldudes: Oh it’s about chocolate… sounds delicious & busy!
- IsabellesTravel: Well, I`m not only a travelholic but also a chocoholic… 🙂
Traveldudes: @501Places wrote that great tip with 10 Great cheap places to eat. Have you been to one or got a new tip?
- IsabellesTravel: Nr 8: Le Pain Quotidien, which is 1 of my faves while in NY. It`s a Belgian bakery with… yummy food. Some other
- I tried.
Traveldudes: I’m getting hungry, but I would like to ask you a few more questions, so let’s swap our topic. 🙂
How long did you stay in NYC?
- IsabellesTravel: 4 days
Traveldudes: Would you say that this a good length to get at least a good impression or… is it more like just rushing through town?
- IsabellesTravel: I think 4 days is sufficient for a good impression. But NY is busy and alive…
- So you can always find more things to do & see!
Traveldudes: I’m sure about that. You said that after NYC you went on a cruise to the Carribean. Where did you go?
- IsabellesTravel: Well, actually I went before my visit to NY 😉 I saw San Juan, St Thomas, Samana (DR) & Labadee (Haiti)
Traveldudes: How do you feel about RCCL going back to Haiti so soon?
- IsabellesTravel: I understand both sides of the story. How can you have fun, eat & drink while…
- there are people without water and food, not so far from there. But what with the Haitians that…
- are relying on money from the tourists…Not sure what the right thing to do is with this one.
- Maybe they should have waited a bit longer?
Traveldudes: My words! Haiti… terrible what’s happening down there. Do you have a suggestion how to help best?
- IsabellesTravel: Well, donate to the RedCross, Doctors Without Borders…Help in any way you can!…
- I just met up with friends to talk about a waffle sale and raise money 🙂
Traveldudes: How nice & what a great idea. Here is a link for Médecins Sans Frontières
- IsabellesTravel: Thanks!
Traveldudes: Thank YOU for this nice Twitterview &pls,if anyone else got some Haiti help sites, please tweet them!