A few Lisbon info tips:
- Emergency number – 112
- Some safety tips – As in all major cities, keep an eye on your bag, cell phone and wallet. Be alert on public transportation, especially when it’s crowded.
- Electricity – Electricity voltage: 220V/50Hz
- Currency – Euro (EUR)
- Time zones – GMT/UTC +1 in Summer
(London – UK: = // Paris – France: +1 h // New York – USA: -5 h // Los Angeles – USA: -8 h)
- Shopping – Lisbon is a nice place to go shopping. Shops are open Mon – Fri from 9 – 1 pm & from 3 – 7 pm. Saturdays from 9 – 1 pm.
Shopping malls are open longer (Sundays too!) Ex. Amoreiras Shopping Mall, Av. Duarte Pacheco Open daily: 11 am – 11 pm (check for holiday openings)
- Opening hours– Opening hours in Portugal are similar to those in the rest of Europe.Pharmaciesin Lisbon keep the same opening hours as the rest of the shops.
Post offices Mon – Fri > 9 – 12 am and 2 – 6 pm (at Praça dos Restauradores is a post office open until 10 pm, weekends until 6 pm)
Lisbon banks Mon – Fri > 8.30 am – 3 pm
Generally speaking, restaurants are open for lunch from 12 noon to 3 pm and for dinner from 7.30 pm to 10 pm
- TIP: Museums usually close on Mondays
- Public holidays – List of public holidays can be found through this website. There are some local holidays too. From mid till the end of June Lisbon celebrates ‘Festas dos Santos Populares’ and it’s celebrated big in Lisbon. June 13 is a municipal holiday in Lisbon (=Saint Anthony of Lisbon)
- Weather – The climate in Lisbon Portugal is one of the warmest in Europe, because of the influence of the Atlantic Ocean. There is an annual average of 3300 hours of sunshine, which makes it a year-round destination. Read more
- Language – Portuguese phrases
- Country Code – + 351 (area code for Lisbon: 21)
- Getting around Lisbon – You can either walk, take a Hop-on-Hop-off bus to see the sights. Use the trams or the metro. Lisbon Metro Map
General information: www.visitlisboa.com